Monday 8 February 2010

Final Piece: Contents Page

I made my final contents page in Photoshop - though I had initially designed it in QuarkExpress, there were too many elements which I wanted to manipulate/change in ways only Photoshop could. I also used a photo I initially hadn't intended on using as it was very overexposed and slightly blurred. However, using the special filters and editing, I was able to rectify quite a lot of this, and make the image more normal in colour, and clearer.

Final Piece - Contents Page
I changed the colouring slightly, as it had been pointed out to me that the colour scheme didn't quite match that of the front page. This time, I used the eyedropper tool on Photoshop between the two pages to ensure they were both the same colour. I wanted the layout to be more minimal than ones I had previously reviewed, like Kerrang, so I only included one main photo, and made sure there were white spaces. However, my page did become crowded with the page details, so I was unable to add an Editor's Letter, something I had hoped to feature. Overall, I am pleased with this page and feel it keeps to the theme already set by my front cover well.

No comments:

Post a Comment