Tuesday 26 January 2010

Development: Further Feedback

I again posted my work onto Facebook, where I asked my target audience their opinions on what I had now done, both with my drafts and photos.


First Drafts


The comments I recieved for my first drafts were fully positive, and many commented on liking the fonts and layouts, which made the point of my draft a success. My attention in two posts were drawn to places I will need to improve, alter or pay attention to, in one case, noting I will have to
be careful when putting in my front cover that I do not forget to edit out the smaller white spaces at the bottom of the page, and another comment pointing out there was an accidental variation of colour between the orange of my front cover and contents page, something I will certainly now change, because I want uniformity in my magazine's themes.

Photography



Though many of my photos went uncommented on, the photo for my main article in the double page spread was given attention, particularly after I voiced my fears as to whether it appeared too edited (as this was the photo in which I was forced to edit out the whole background because light fixtures, the wall and floor could be seen beyond the small studio set). I recieved mixed comments in return. Whilst some agreed it did look obviously photoshopped, something I had attempted to avoid, others in fact voted the photo the best out of the shoot, and with comments differing so much, I feel I will keep the photo as it is, as any more editing now would probably impact more negatively on it than if I leave it alone.


Main Article Photo - Too edited?

(Edit: I managed to tweak the background slightly to make it more natural by layering it over the original unedited image and changing the opacity so some of the old colouring could be seen, making the background appear more natural. Picture below.)






1 comment:

  1. There is excellent research into similar products and a potential target audience. There is excellent organisation of actors, locations, costumes or props. There is excellent work on shot-lists, layouts and drafting. There is excellent care in the presentation of the research and planning. Time management is excellently demonstrated.

    20

    ReplyDelete