Thursday 28 January 2010

Final Piece: Front Cover

Based on the critique and research I gathered, I put together my final front page on Photoshop, due to its much more efficient image manipulation capabilities. I created the different elements of the cover on many different layers, which meant I could move them around and alter them independantly, and slowly built up both text and my final images from my photoshoot.
From my previous analyses, I found it was effective when the heads of the models blocked part of the title, so attempted to mimic this in my own by erasing parts of the photo then smudging the hair to make it appear intact. I only made the centre model overlap the title, which in turn centres the whole page effectively.


All three models are looking directly at the camera and thus the reader, targeting them, and all models are around the lower to middle age range of my target audience so the reader is able to be engaged and feel included. I also included a few extra photos from the shoot and one photo from my experimental shoot, adding a different colour theme to the page instead of another dark image.
I didn't add too many screamers - I wanted my magazine to be more relaxed and more refined than Kerrang, but when I did, I feel it added more effect.
I kept the colour scheme minimal, keeping the the blue and orange theme which had been well liked in my audience comments, but the dark scheme did mean I had to outline much of the text to make it readable.
Overall, I am very happy with my front cover, and don't think I could have added any more to it than perhaps a barcode.

No comments:

Post a Comment